There are currently three User/Group permissions related to Reports and Saved Searches in Issuetrak. They are listed under the "Administration" section when adding or editing a User/Group record.
Can add, edit and run Report Writer Queries and Reports
- Controls the ability to see the Reports/Report Writer and Reports/Scheduled Reports menu options.
- Allows a user to manage (ie, Modify/Delete) Report Writer queries and reports that they created as well as queries and reports that are Shared in which they have access.
Can add, edit and run shared Saved Searches
- Enables the "Share" checkbox on the Search screen. If checked, the Saved Search will be available to all users.
- Allows a user to manage (ie, Modify/Delete) Saved Searches that are Shared as well as searches they created.
Can run built-in Summary Reports
- Controls the ability to see the Reports/Summary Reports menu option.
There are two User/Group attributes related to Reports and Saved Searches in Issuetrak. They are listed under the "Menu Options Authorized" section when adding or editing a User/Group record.
Controls the ability to see the Search Issues menu option
Controls the ability to see the Reports menu option. The user must also have one of the following permissions in order for this menu option to display:
- Can run built-in Summary Reports
- Can add, edit and run shared Saved Searches
- Can add, edit and run Report Writer Queries and Reports
Reports and Saved Searches are defaulted to only be seen by the users who create them and users any of the Administration permissions (except for User Administrator) enabled.
- In all cases having Can access and maintain Administration functions (or Sys Admin ) provides access to view any Saved Search, Query, Report or Report Schedule as well as edit capability; having Allowed Read Only access to Administration information provides access to view any report or schedule but does not allow edit capability unless the user has edit permissions without the Can access and maintain Administration functions attribute.
- Report Writer report “Shared access” means a user can access a Report that is Shared with Everyone, Shared with the User specifically, or Shared with a group the User is a member of.
- Saved Search report “Shared” access means Shared with Everyone.
- Saved Searches will be limited by Organization IF the user is in an Organization that is Internal. (Queries and Reports are not limited by Organization at this time).