This section allows you to set system-wide parameters. You can leave these set to the Issuetrak defaults or adjust as needed at any time.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right > click Defaults beneath System.
- Enter the name you wish to appear as the
Customer ID. The value you enter here will determine how your site will be referred to in issue notifications and in the Asset Management module.
- Enter your site’s root URL to use when creating links in outgoing emails as the Application URL. This must be complete and accurate if you are using the Identity Management module to integrate with third-party identity management services.
- Enter the Browser Title you want to appear in your web browser tab.
- Select the time zone of the Web server hosting your site as the Server’s Time Zone. If this server is configured to adjust for Daylight Saving Time, select Server adjusts Dates / Times for Daylight Saving Time. If you are in a cloud environment, this will be set to Eastern Time and you will not have the ability to change it.
- To set the user session timeout, enter a value (in minutes) for the Session Timeout setting. Note that this value must be less than the MVC application pool's recycle time in IIS.
- To have the Dashboard and Issue Hub screens automatically refresh when being viewed, enter a refresh rate in minutes as the Dashboard Reload. The tab counts on the Issue Hub screen will also update from these settings. If you would like the Reload Timer to show on the Dashboard, check the Show Reload Timer on Dashboard page box.
- Record Count options control the number of records returned in lists and the number of field values returned for auto-suggest (type ahead) lists throughout the product. Choose 25, 50, 75, or 100 records for lists and from 10 to 50 for field values suggested.
- Select an Online Help setting. When enabled, users can click the (?) icon in the upper right of any Issuetrak screen to launch Online Help in a separate window. Using either enabled setting, only users with Sys Admin, Can access and maintain Administration functions or Allowed Read Only access to Administration information permissions can access administration setting-related content through Online Help.
- Select when Submit Time is to be captured by the system.
- Select the Default Priority.
- Select how dates are to be entered and displayed as the Date Format.
- Select how user names are to be displayed as the Display Name Format.
- To limit user access to delete options for ALL records and files within the product, select For System Administrators Only. For All Permitted Users is selected by default as delete permission for certain records and attachment files may also be controlled for individual users by granting permission on their user record.
- To default all notes added by users with Can view and add Privates Notes in Issues to Private, select Private in the Note Default section (users may unselect Private on the note at any time to make it public). The selection made here will affect the behavior of the Incoming Email Module. Click here for more details.
- Select Allow Subscribers to add notes to Issues if you would like users who are Subscribers of issues to be able to add notes to the issues to which they are subscribed. (Users can be removed from Subscribers at any time to restore the filter).
- To enable rich text and image embedding on Issues and Knowledge Base (KB) articles, select Use rich text editing. Then select the default Rich Text Font Family and Rich Text Font Size from the available drop-downs.
- To include a Note field below the Description field on the Submit Issue screen, select Allow adding note on submit form.
- Select Ascending (oldest to newest) or Descending (newest to oldest) to control the order in which notes appear on Issue screens.
- If you wish to set different margins for note printing, then enter the values you want in the unit type that you want next to Note print Additional Margin.
- To apply permissions from an existing user template when users are created from Submit Issue screen, select it using the template search (🔍 ) next to Create From,
To apply only simple defaults when users are created from Submit Issue screen, select Can Log In and / or Suppress Email.
- To allow users to update their basic details (phone, email, and address), default home page, and dashboard preferences (if they have Dashboard permissions), select Allow users to edit their own settings in My Settings. When using this setting, your users can maintain this information by clicking on their User ID in the upper right > Selecting My Settings from the drop-down. However, if the Active Directory module is enabled, the contact information is not available for modification.
- To capture user login history, select Record all login attempts. When using this setting, users may view the date of their last login on their home page, as well as a link to their login history. A link to login history will also be included in all user records.
- To use your own terminology for how several items are referred to throughout your site, enter a singular and plural Custom Label for the relevant item.
- To enhance accessibility for users translating your site through a screen reading application, underneath the Accessibility section select extra links that can be detected only by these applications.
- Click Update.
A confirmation message will appear when this process is complete.