Admin Auditing gives you the ability to see changes made to critical Administrative settings within Issuetrak. Audit records are kept from the moment Admin Auditing is enabled. The Audit records can be searched and exported as a spreadsheet, and they cannot be deleted from the Issuetrak web interface.
The audit log tracks:
- What setting was changed
- Approximately where the setting can be found
- Who changed the setting
- What the old value was
- What the new value is
- When it happened
Audit records are stored in the Issuetrak database, but they have no expiration or automatic removal. Depending on the type and level of activity in your Issuetrak site, these audit records can cause significant growth of your Issuetrak database.
Activating Admin Auditing
- Go to Administration > System > System Settings > Features.
- In the Auditing section, check the box for Activate Admin Auditing.
- Enter your password to confirm the change.
- Click Ok.
- Click Update.
A confirmation message will appear when this process is complete and Admin Auditing will now be available in Administration > System > System Settings.
Searching/Exporting Admin Audit Records
If you are looking for specific audit records, you can search for them using the below steps.
- Go to Administration > System > System Settings > Admin Auditing.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Click Search.
The search results will display on the screen.
Once the desired admin audit records are displayed, you can export those results using the Export Audits button.