Priorities are used to indicate the relative importance of an issue. Identifying priorities among issues helps determine where a particular issue figures into the larger issue queue and how soon the issue might be addressed. Auto Assignments, Email Distribution Lists, and Escalation Rules can also be triggered by the priority value selected on an issue.
- Go to Administration > Priorities > Add.
- Enter a name for the new Priority.
- (Optional) Define the Display Order (e.g. 3 = third place) for this Priority within related lists and drop-downs.
- (Optional) Define the Popup Message to appear when users select this Priority on an issue.
- (Optional) Select the color that represents this Priority in the Open Issues by Priority Dashboard portal.
- Click Save.
The message Priority was successfully added will display when the save is complete.
- Go to Administration > Priorities > List All.
- Click the edit link next to the Priority you are modifying.
- (Optional) Before making any other changes on the Edit Priority screen, use the View/Maintain Distribution List link to add or change member settings on this Priorities Email Distribution List.
- Make your changes on the Edit Priorities screen.
- Click Save.
The message Priority successfully updated will display when the update is complete.
- Go to Administration > Priorities.
- Click del next to the Priority you are deleting.
- Click OK when prompted to confirm.
The message Priority successfully deleted will display when the deletion is complete.