This migration scenario is for Issuetrak 11.0 and above only. It assumes that you're migrating from old Web and SQL servers to new Web and SQL servers with the latest version of Issuetrak. You can also follow these steps if you are moving from/to a combined Web/SQL server environment. This article assumes familiarity with our deployment tools.
Additionally, if you are attempting to migrate a version of Issuetrak older than 11.0, please reach out to Issuetrak Support for assistance.
- Confirm that the site is working properly in its current environment (IEM, OEM, Identity Management / SSO, as applicable).
- Be sure that the new environment meets all of the system requirements, including the installation of software and features.
- Make sure you know your site ID. You can get this from Issuetrak Support.
- Download the latest version of Issuetrak from here to your current Web server.
- Use the IDM to generate a JSON of the existing Issuetrak instance. This will provide a snapshot of the instance's current deployment configuration.
- Stop the website in IIS.
- Stop Issuetrak-related Services and Scheduled Tasks.
- Perform a backup of your Issuetrak database.
- Take the database offline to prevent any site operations (Task, Services, Issue submissions, and editing).
- Copy the database backup to the new SQL server.
- Copy the JSON generated in step 5 to the new Web server.
- Take a backup of the following folders in your Issuetrak web folder:
- Dynamic Files
- Restore the backup of your database to the new SQL server.
- Download the latest version of Issuetrak from here to your new Web server.
The remaining steps are performed on the new Web server.
- On the new Web server, open the JSON in a text editor. Notepad++ is recommended for this, as Windows Notepad tends to malform the displayed file contents.
- Make the necessary changes to the JSON to reflect the new hosting environment: Database server info, web server info, site ID, file locations / paths, etc.
- Save the file when this is complete and you've validated the information you entered.
- Use the IDM to deploy the JSON you just saved.
- Confirm that the site comes up as normal.
- Confirm that you can sign into the site.
- Navigate to System Settings and update the Application URL (if applicable).
- Navigate to the site's Web folder, then overwrite the Attachments and Graphics folders with the backups you took from the old site.
- Confirm that the features of your site are working properly (IEM, OEM, Identity Management / SSO, as applicable).
- Make sure that the appropriate permissions are set for the Attachments folder location, and set size limits appropriate for your site. See KB 1578 and KB 1696, respectively, for more information.
- If SSL is used (as Issuetrak recommends), make sure to import the appropriate SSL certificate from the old Web server and configure IIS to use its thumbprint for the site's SSL binding.
- If you used the Issuetrak API with the old Web server, test the accessibility of the API with the new Web server.
Issuetrak Support will be happy to troubleshoot or assist you. You can contact Support at 888-789-8725 (US & Canada), +1 757-213-1351 (International), email@example.com or https://support.issuetrak.com/.